All our life is about communication
In practice, the controlling hardware platform inside Cronus-PCS hardware is the same. We have named this proprietary PLC hardware platform of our own design / construction for Apollon.
The Apollon unit is a super compact PLC, which houses a 900 MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU and 16 GB Ram. A range of 15-bit high speed in/out analogue and digital channels corresponding with various sensor’s and actuator’s. The ARM CPU operate Linux Debian Jessie firmware and features a build-in Apache webserver visible through the TFT touch sensitive graphical display.
The specific hardware software is programmed in CODESYS ver 3,5.
The integrated webhost allows the user to access the Apollon PLC via:
- The integrated 5” TFT touch sensitive graphical display
- Wi-Fi / USB adaptor
- IP/TCP from many devices via Ethernet / LAN
- ModBus / OPC is the preferred communication interface with external devices.
- Access via Wi-Fi / USB adaptor to the web interface, which will show up on the monitor when connected to PC connection.
- Atropos is accessible from smartphones, Pads, PC via the Apache webserver.