All our life is about communication
In practice, the controlling hardware platform inside every Cronus-PCS hardware is the same. We have named this proprietary PLC hardware platform of our own design / construction for Apollon and Artemis (2 brothers from the Greek mythology).
The Apollon/Artemis unit is a super compact PLC, which houses a 900 MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU and 16 GB Ram. A range of 15-bit high speed in/out analogue and digital channels corresponding with various sensor’s and actuator’s. The ARM CPU operate Linux Debian Jessie firmware and features a build-in Apache webserver. Depending on Hephaestus cabinet size visible through the 5" TFT touch sensitive graphical display.
The GUI and user interface software is CODESYS.
The integrated webhost allows the user to access the Apollon PLC via:
- The integrated 5” TFT touch sensitive graphical display
- Wi-Fi / USB adapter
- IP/TCP from devices via Ethernet / LAN
- ModBus / OPC UA is the preferred communication interface with external devices.
- Access via Wi-Fi / USB adapter to the web interface, which will show up on the monitor when connected to external device.
- Apollon / Artemis PLC is accessible from smartphones, Pads, PC via the Apache webserver.
- Data collection / acquisition / control via OPC UA to PC platform running software Lucullus from SecureCell